Re: /usr/bin exists not; man can't find nroff; permissions inconsistent

3APA3A wrote:

Dear Carlo Florendo,

d:\cygwin\/bin /usr/bin system binmode
d:\cygwin\/lib /usr/lib system binmode

remount /usr/bin and /usr/lib correctly.

Great! First, from cmd prompt, I unmounted everything using:

umount -A

Then, I mounted the root directory using

mount d:\cygwin /

Then, I made /usr/bin a symbolik link to /bin by:

ln -s /bin/ /usr/bin

Now, everything works fine now. Gee, why did I have to do that? Isn't that supposed to be taken cared of by setup?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo
------