Re: announce -> cygwin mailing list gateway broken

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:19:17PM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Brian Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> > I've been changing my email system here and I've broken the announce ->
>> > cygwin mailing list gateway which used to run from my computer.  So you
>> > won't be seeing announcements here for a while.
>> >
>> > I'm looking to implement a more robust method for doing this that
>> > doesn't rely on my network connectivity or email layout but it will
>> > probably be a week or so until I can get to that.
>> >
>> > In the meantime, if someone wants to volunteer to relay this by hand,
>> > please send email here.  The first lucky candidate gets a gold star.
>>
>> In the meantime, I'll do it.  Our email system here is far from 100%
>> reliable, but I'll do the best it can ;-).
>>
>> This message is actually a test.  I sent it to cygwin-announce and we'll
>> see if it ends up on cygwin.
>>
>> I could care less about the gold star, though.  Just let me know when to
>> stop.  I hope I got the procmail recipie right :-D.
>
>Ok, my test won't work because cygwin-announce is moderated.  At any case,
>I'm pretty sure I got the procmail recipie right and it is enabled.  I'm
>headed home from work for the weekend now, but I'll try to check my email
>periodically in case I should turn it off or there is a bug.

I should have posted this before.

Here's my procmail rule, fwiw:

* ^Sender: cygwin-announce-owner-HAT-cygwin.*
{
        :0c
        /var/spool/mail/cygwin-announce

        :0c
        /home/cgf/mail/cygwin-announce

        SUBJECT=`/usr/bin/formail -xSubject:`
        FROM0=`/usr/bin/formail -X'From '`
        FROM1=`/usr/bin/formail -X'From:'`

        :0fhbW
        |formail -I '' \
                 -I"$FROM0" \
                 -I"$FROM1" \
                 -I'To: cygwin-HAT-cygwin-PERIOD-com' \
                 -I"Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT]$SUBJECT" \
                 -I'Reply-To: cygwin-HAT-cygwin-PERIOD-com'

        :0
        !cygwin@cygwin.com
}

If yours looks similar to this, it should be ok.  If you got it right
in one try, you're a better man than I.  :-)

Thanks for doing this.  Could I get a gold star over here?

cgf