RE: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs

  I have a suspicion that this (and similar) code samples should probably
not be posted to this list; can everyone please snip their quotes of it.  It
looks a bit copyright to me.  So I googled the q number.  Found it in a
couple of places.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;90493

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3/tcsh-44/tcsh/win32/globals
.c

  Oh dear.  Word-for-word copying of M$ proprietary source into an open
source project?  TCSH-L added.  I dunno what the status is of SDK source
code examples but it's certainly M$ copyright; someone should look at the
licensing terms.

http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/aui/src/third/mc/pc/util_win32.

  There's a different way of doing it, just frex.  Opening a file and
reading a few bytes out of a couple of structs is something that can be done
in standard posix C without even breaking a sweat.

    cheers,
      DaveK