RE: Delete key... was home directory.

> > Am I the only one that thinks reading a 12 page document, and possibly
> > editing 5 different config files is a hell of a lot of work just to get
> > the delete key to work?!?!?!
>
> You want to make the "delete key" delete in bash?

No, he just wants the delete key to work as God intended it to work.

> The chapter about
> bash isn't even one page long.

That's too long.

> Browsing the document would help you to
> understand why solving your problem in bash won't solve it in all
> other application (zsh, vim, mutt, X).

Nobody wants to understand why certain keys don't work in Unix the way they
should.  They just want the keys to work.

> Refusing to read and learn isn't going to get you anywhere -
> especially in a Unix/Cygwin environment.

I agree.  The Unii of the world should take a page from the playbook of
every other OS which ever existed, and read the part where it says, "The
delete key deletes stuff without all kinds of configuration contortions by
the user."

--
Gary R. Van Sickle