Re:Delete key... was home directory.

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

* Chris W (2004-06-16 22:13 +0100)

Now if I could just figure out why, when I hit the [Delete] key in
bash, I get a '~' character instead of deleting the character the
cursor is at, I would be set. At least as far as cygwin goes
anyway.

Just read the beginning of /etc/profile again. There you get answer and also to your "bashrc" question.

Thorsten

I assume you are refering to the referenc to this web page http://www.ibb.net/~anne/keyboard.html

Am I the only one that thinks reading a 12 page document, and possibly editing 5 different config files is a hell of a lot of work just to get the delete key to work?!?!?! I think I will just program my anykey keyboard so the delete key is the key sequence [Right Arrow] -- [Backspace]

--
Chris W

Bring Back the HP 15C
http://hp15c.org

Not getting the gifts you want?  The Wish Zone can help.
http://thewishzone.com