RE: jhead question/problem

 [...snip...]
> system in /usr/bin, but don't see it in the package search nor any
> reference to it in a mailing list search or Cygwin-related Google
> search.

  Then that should really have made it obvious to you it isn't a cygwin
package.

> not inclined to suspect my Cygwin setup.  If someone can at
> least point
> me to which package this is in

  You KNOW it's not in a package.  You already did a package search.  What,
you think maybe there's some secret packages that it isn't telling you
about?

>or where to find the source,
> I'd be glad
> to troubleshoot it further.  Thanks!

  Try going to www.google.com and entering 'jhead' as the search term.  The
very first entry that comes up is the home page.

    cheers,
      DaveK