Re: nice not setting above/below normal

Mironov, Leonid {PBG} wrote:

If I am to believe windows task manager windows processes can have 6
priority levels - realtime, high, above normal, normal, below normal and
low, but cygwin nice can set only 2: when -n parameter is above 0 priority
is set to low, when -n is below 0 priority is set to high, actual value of
-n parameter is ignored. Am I missing something or ...?

Actually there is four real levels (realtime, high, normal, idle (low)). For 2k and XP there is two more, below normal and above normal.

That behaviour might be due the fact that those two additional levels doesn't exists in Win 95, 98, ME or NT4.

--

Jani Tiainen