cygrunsrv fails to start init

Hi, I have installed cygrunsrv on my win2k box (cygwin
is already installed) and when I try to start init
with the initscripts config script I get the following
error in the event log:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( init )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: init : PID 1948 :
starting service `' failed: redirect_fd: open (1,
/var/log/init.log): 2, No such file or directory.

cygrunsrv seems to be creating the /var/log directory
directly in my c: drive instead of under the cygwin
directory in my C: drive.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

-jeff

PS just for the heck of it I tried to start xinetd
with the same sygrunsrv command line and got the
identical error message above, but with init.log
replaced by xinetd.log.