From: Brian Ford [mailto:ford@vss.fsi.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 10:47 PM
To: Warren, Matthew (Retail)
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: ssh problem cygheap_fixup_in_child

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Warren, Matthew (Retail) wrote:

> Hello cygwin peeps,
>
> I have a problem with ssh generating the following;
>
> /home/matt>ssh matt@daffy
>       3 [main] ? 1748 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891528
> bytes of space for cygwin's heap (0x616D0000 <0x490000>) in child,
Win32
> error 487
> C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe (1748): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress
> 0x616D0000, m.RegionSize 0x780000, m.State 0x10000
>
> Rebaseall doesn't fix it, I have recently moved to 1.5.10, running
under
> XP.
>
> I'm Executing the ssh command from a Konsole shell under KDE3.1.4
>
> I have attatched the output of cygcheck.

Does this help:

Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
FlightSafety International
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained pilot...

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the Powergen Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Powergen Group.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park,
Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park,
Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432