RE: \cygwin & sub folder will not delete after failed install of cygwi 1.5.10-3

  Cygwin setup doesn't do anything bizarre to your disk, it just opens
files, reads and writes contents, and closes them, just like any other
application that creates files; and no amount of ordinary file activity
should ever lead to corrupted directory structures.  So my guess is that you
have faulty hardware, either your drive or your motherboard, and that's
responsible for the corruption you've seen.

  As to whether you can recover it, why don't you try changing into the
subdirectories that won't delete and seeing what's there and if you can
delete it by either command line or explorer.

    cheers,
      DaveK