Re: dll version collision

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:31:34PM -0400, Michael Hale wrote:
>On May 28, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:38:50PM -0400, Michael Hale wrote:
>>>The ideas suggested here are definitely beyond my current ability.  I
>>>hope someone else who would like this done, and has the skill will take
>>>it up.
>>
>>If it is beyond your abilities then you shouldn't be considering this
>>option.  This is likely never to be an accepted way of using the cygwin
>>DLL.
>
>What is the correct way for someone to run multiple versions of cygwin
>on their machine then?  This seems like a very useful feature to me,
>since among other uses it would allow a new version to be tested along
>side an older but known version of cygwin.

You use the same technique as if you were testing another version of
linux.  Or you'd backup your system prior to updating cygwin.  It is not
likely that you could have two installations running on the same system
with no bleed between them.  Having two versions of cygwin working at
the same time is not a goal for the cygwin project.

cgf