Re: Failure: snapshot 20040525

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Fergus Daly wrote:

> >> I'm sorry that I can't provide cygcheck output
> >> or anything helpful: the entire application
> >> (both bash and rxvt -e bash) failed even to start.
>
> > FYI: start a CMD.EXE, "cd c:\cygwin\bin"
> > (replace "c:\cygwin" by the root of your Cygwin
> > installation), and run ".\cygcheck.exe".
>
> Igor,
>
> Thanks. But adopting this approach and running .\cygcheck with 20040525
> gave exactly the same Windows-generated error message. I tried your
> approach with 20040520 and things are fine.
>
> Gulp. When I posted the problem I was expecting precisely one "me too"
> from somebody before we were ticked off for "me too"ing. From your
> helpful suggestion, I conclude that what fails for me works for you,
> which is a bit of a downer.
> Fergus

Fergus,

There's no need to Cc: me on the messages -- I read the list, and set
Reply-To for a reason.

If you were looking for a "me too", here it is: I could reproduce your
error ("The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000fd)") on
Win2kPro SP3 with the 20040525 snapshot.  However, the error when running
cygcheck doesn't come from cygcheck itself, but rather from id.exe.  If
you click "Ok" on both errors (there are two invocations of id.exe by
cygcheck) and wait a bit, you'll get a cygcheck output.

I was waiting until I could find a mirror with 1.5.10, to see if this
error is reproducible with it (since it is, technically, the latest
"snapshot", right?).  I'll test it when it's available and report the
results here.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/