Re: mutt and ssmtp on Cygwin on Windows Server 2003 'child exited 127'

* On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:16:11AM -0400, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) <BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov> wrote:
> If I remember correctly (I have not played with mutt for quite a
> while), mutt can connect directly to a IMAP or POP server.  So might
> you be able to eliminate the use of ssmtp and have mutt send mail
> directly to the place that ssmtp sends it?

IMAP and POP3 protocols are meant to import emails.
SMTP is meant to export (/send) them.

I do use mutt with ssmtp to send messages like this one and I read my
email directly on an IMAP server.

Unfortunatelly, I can't help much. I use XP and every thing is working
fine. ssmtp is used to send the emails to a local STMP server (Hamster),
which then relays my messages to the SMTP servers of my ISP.

The only times I get the error
> Error sending message, child exited 127 (Exec error.).
> Could not send the message.
is when Hamster is not running -- as ssmtp can't reach the SMTP server
it must send the messages to.

But I'm not sure it is of any help here.

--
Luc Hermitte