Inaccessible remote volumes when logged in via ssh

When i log in to my system via ssh as a normal (non-admin) user, I
cannot access network-volumes mounted to a drive letter.
For example i have the following setup:
\\asterix\shared mounted to local drive letter J: on machine obelix

On obelix, when i start a local instance of a cygwin shell, i can do "ls
j:" or mount "j:" "/j".
If i dont do a "cygwin-mount", i see it under /cygdrive/j/.

When i log in to obelix via ssh, i dont see that volume at all. I cant
ls it, i cant mount it etc:

$ ls /cygdrive/j
ls: /cygdrive/j: No such file or directory

Or

$ mount "j:" "/j"
mount: warning - /j does not exist.
mount: defaulting to '--no-executable' flag for speed since native path
       references a remote share.  Use '-f' option to override.
mount: /j: Permission denied

I have all the necessary permissions on that volume.

And now comes the strange thing:
When i am in a local cygwin-shell and do a "ssh localhost -l bpc" (where
bpc is my local user), then I can access everything!
Also when I log in remotly via ssh as admin-user.

Sshd is running as local system, UsePrivilegeSeparation is off.
Are there some sshd-settings which i have to set?

Thanks, ron.