Gold Star Nomination

G'day Cygwin

I'd like to nominate Gerd Spalink for a gold star for his audio work on Cygwin.

I'm part of a band of amateur radio astronomers that use a software correlator
(an audio app) that runs under Linux. We were faced with the duanting task of
migrating the app over to Windows to get greater coverage (lots of school
teacher etc are still scared of the big, bad 'L' ;)

With a bit of effort I managed to get the application to run under Cygwin but
the 'play only' functionality of the published cygwin1.dll looked like a brick
wall. After a bit of snooping of email archives I found Gerd's work on 'record'
functionality.

Our first Windows user is now successfully running the application! The
developer is overjoyed and so are the rest of us.

If you're curious, we've got the start of a Web site happening here:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sheaton/spec/

Thanks to you and the Cygwin team too. We'll now be able to spread the good
word on amateur radio astronomy to Windows users :)

Cheers
Steve