Using Setup.exe to uninstall - bogus

If there exists a sensible method for trimming the bulk of an existing
Cygwin installation on a running disk-limited REMOTE system accessible
only via ssh, I'd love to know it.  I've completely lost patience.

On a remote system, I've been trying to uninstall large chunks of Cygwin
(x, db). Using Setup.exe to do this is like playing Whack-a-Mole, and is
extremely frustrating.

The "Keep | Reinstall | Source | Version1 | Version2...| Uninstall"
click-to-rotate control forces dependancies both far and near while I'm
trying to _reach_ Uninstall.  Uninstall LEAVES THOSE DEPENDANCIES
ACTIVATED.

Without a way to select Uninstall without clocking through all the other
dependancy activators, it's impossible to remove features and all their
dependancies stickily.

In fact, the very process of trying to do this piece by piece has
resulted in masses of other crap being installed which I don't need.
It's rather disturbing, as I'm running out of space on the remote system.

flames->dev/null