Re: permission problems (and more)

At 01:08 AM 5/6/2004, you wrote:
>--- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:
>> From a comparison of your environment with mine,
>> I see that you don't give specific permissions to
>
>Just when I thought I would get the answer, it
>looks like you didn't pay your internet bill or
>something (your answer ends in the middle of the
>sentence). :)
>
>Please resend. Thank you for your help.

Sorry.  Some strange disconnect on my end truncated my message
somehow.  Anyway, the gist of my original response was that
I couldn't locate the problem with the given information.
Your permissions are different than mine but altering my
installation to match closer with your permissions didn't
keep me from starting cron.  So my best recommendation, if
your not inclined to jump into source and try to debug the
problem there, is to try wiping out your installation and
starting over.  It will be less satisfying in terms of
finding the source of the problem but is, perhaps, the quicker
approach to a working cron.

Holliston, MA 01746