Re: problems with cygwin

Tarun Sharma wrote:

Hi
I have just installed cygwin on my Win XP system. But when I try to start
windowmaker then it justs says cant start x-server at 127.0.0.1:0.0 . I
tried few more things but couldnt succeed.
Ihe porblem I am thinking is related to some configuration. I also tried to
run XWin. which is running.And xterm can be connected to this.
Can anybody help me in this problem.

Are you using the startXWin.bat file? Trying to run multiple window managers concurrently?

Some other question I want to ask is :
1. Can we have different users for cygwin. Because it just added one icon in
start menu by which I can just run cygwin's bash shell.

Yes

2. Some of the commands like more is not working on my system. I tried to search it in /usr/bin but its not there.

per Larry Hall:

I expect you really want 'less' but either way, visit <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to determine the package you should install
to get the utility you want. This works for all utilities. ;-)

--

Please update me about these problems
regards

Proper problem reporting here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html