Re: problems with cygwin

At 07:56 PM 5/5/2004, you wrote:
>Hi
>I have just installed cygwin on my Win XP system. But when I try to start
>windowmaker then it justs says cant start x-server at 127.0.0.1:0.0 . I
>tried few more things but couldnt succeed.
>Ihe porblem I am thinking is related to some configuration. I also tried to
>run XWin. which is running.And xterm can be connected to this.
>Can anybody help me in this problem.

This kind of question should really be directed to the Cygwin/X list,
assuming information from <http://x.cygwin.com/devel/documentation/>
doesn't help.

>Some other question I want to ask is :
>1. Can we have different users for cygwin. Because it just added one icon in
>start menu by which I can just run cygwin's bash shell.

If you installed Cygwin as "All Users", then you can easily use the same
icon to start 'bash' as any user.  If you didn't install as "All Users",
you can rerun 'setup' and make this change.

>2. Some of the commands like more is not working on my system. I tried to
>search it in /usr/bin but its not there.

See <http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  But I think you'll really find that
'less' is a better choice.

Holliston, MA 01746