python crash under cygwin 1.5.9 dll

Recently I tried upgrading to the cygwin-1.5.9-1
package, and after that, BitTorrent (a python-based
program) started crashing consistently on certain
inputs, with the error

segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried downgrading back to 1.5.7, and then the
problems disappeared. I tried 1.5.8 also, and that has
the same crash as 1.5.9, so I'd guess it has something
to do with changes starting in that release.

I've attached the python stack dump for one such
crash, though I don't know if it'll help much. I had
trouble googling for any useful information on how to
interpret such stack dumps.

I also tried running the program within gdb, and oddly
enough, the crash doesn't seem to happen in that case.
If there is potentially useful information I've
neglected to mention, please let me know. Thanks.