RE: How to set the colors of terminfo's standout mode?

 I suppose they don't apply to the DOS console. BUT: Are you aware that the
rxvt terminal runs just fine without starting the X stuff?
 I do consider this be the best way to run cygwin-bash. If you do this, then
the .Xdefaults file -does- apply.

Later you write:
>  Is there a place where all these (I assume ANSI) escape sequences
> for colors are listed? When I have that information, I can probably
> untic an existing terminfo entry, modify it and tic it back to
> another name and use that.

That would probably be some kind of "ANSI" or possibly "VT100"(a bit unsure
there) - most of these escape sequences are the same in the old AmigaDOS
CON: and RAW: devices -- Ehrm, if that helps :-D .

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59+16.37'N, 17+12.60'E

** on a mailing list; please keep replies on that particular list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--