Re: setup complains even if I've dowloaded everything

Robert Collins wrote:

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 19:35, Carlo Florendo wrote:

Hello,

I finished mirroring the entire cygwin distribution from www.carfield.com.hk which totalled almost a whopping 2GB. I put the entire distro in our local http server so that anyone could install it from there. I fired setup.exe from my browser, (and as usual, I answered all the questions and specified my local http site as the mirror where cygwin should be downloaded from), and setup stopped when it reached the point where it started to download _update-info-dir-00227-1.tar.bz2. Setup popped up a window which asked "Download Incomplete. Try Again." I clicked "Yes" and started the download all over again from my local http site. I got stuck at the same point.

check setup.log and setup.log.full. It will list the error.

Rob

Thanks a lot! The problem was that the permissions on the server for the package in question
was 700. Changing it to 755 worked eliminated any problems whatsoever.

Sorry for the overlook!

Best Regards,

Carlo
------