Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Q in rxvt/bash

I'm running bash inside an rxvt window, and Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Q seem to be
behaving as xoff and xon, making them unusable for line editing. Is there
anywhere that this can be turned off? I can't find anything in the man pages
for rxvt or bash.

Also, is there any way to get cursor keys to transmit something other than
an escape sequence? I'd like to use ESC as the kill-entire-line character.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco