From: A. Alper Atici
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 5:52 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RFI: Emulating hard links on FAT et al.

Hello,

I've been pondering over the prospects of emulating hard links for
some time. List archives don't show much about it, and I have not come
across any similar open implementation on the net.

My rudimentary idea of emulating hard links is based on employing a
new type of windows shortcut which will be regarded as a hardlinking
file, rather than a symlink, by Cygwin. For this, I hope to figure out
a possible combination in the magic bitvector byte(word?) in shortcut
header. Any comments? How about 0x1c?

--
A. Alper Atici               OpenPGP KeyID: 0xB824F550