Re: Wishlist additions for setup.exe

> * chris <pnw@pf.lbex.np.hx> [2004-04-20 16:04:50 +0100]:
>
> Personally I would perfer a system where the setup program simply kept
> a central cache, rather than a seperate cache for each mirror

Indeed!
While I can easily think of some reasons to keep per-mirror caches
(e.g., what if the mirrors are out of sync?) it is certainly bad UI to
make the user aware of this, even indirectly.
If you really need per-mirror caches, you can hide them from the user
and always scan all of them.
This will always be faster than downloading the same file anew.

BTW, what's the policy about the older package tarballs?
Are they ever removed?  (it appears so...)

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself