Re: Wishlist additions for setup.exe

Robert Collins wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 22:11, Rodrigo Medina wrote:

Hi all,

Rodrigo Medina (myself) wrote:

2- When you are downloading into a temporal directory, SETUP
downloads the packages even if they are already in the temporal
directory but are still not installed.

I have to be more precise:

SETUP does check if the package has been already downloaded but only
if it has been downloaded from the SAME mirror. If you have already
downloaded the package from another mirror, SETUP downloads it again.

That is why the choose mirror dialog allows you to choose multiple mirrors. Setup will then use cached copies from any of the chosen mirrors.

It does? I'd always assumed that that was a bug. If I choose multiple mirrors, who's setup.bz2 does it use?

I wager that you have been changing mirror for some reason. Don't -
choose a list of mirrors to satisfy your needs and leave them selected.

Personally I would perfer a system where the setup program simply kept a central cache, rather than a seperate cache for each mirror