rsync question

Dear All
--
Problem: using rsync with nontsec turned on.

I would like to rsync from a Solaris box to a Windows 2000 Server.
W2K
server is running cygwin version 1.5.9.  The CYGWIN variable was set
to 'binmode tty nontsec'.

I used nonntsec rather than ntsec to retain the NTFS permission
inheritance.  The permission for all newly created folders and files
were set correctly as their parent folder.  But, the nontsec option
doesn't allow me to rsync with public key authentication.  I received
error message 'Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer', and
in the ssh debug log, I saw that it didn't accept my public key at
all.  But when I switched back using the ntsec option, the
authentication went through with the same RSA public key!

Q1: If I want to retain my NTFS permission inheritance, am I correct
that I have to use nontsec?
Q2: Could nontsec work with public key authentication?  I have granted
the account with several local user rights, "create token object,
logon
as a service' and 'replace a process level token'

Thank you for your help
Peter