sysvinit

Dear Cygwin users,

I've installed cygwin unter Windows XP pro with sysvinit scripts. I'm trying to run xinetd as a service. In the MS Event viewer, I get the following error messages:
Error parsing attribute server - DISABLING SERVICE
This message is generated at Windows boot time.

When I try to start the service by hand, I get the following message:
starting service 'init' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.

Starting xinetd by hand using '/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd start' works, but produces the following error:
touch: creating '/var/log/subsys/xinetd': Permission denied
However, the service runs then. It seems to stay attached to the console though.

What is going wrong here? What can I do to start xinetd as as service?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards,
Gordon.