Re: ncurses problem

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>

>> At 10:48 PM 4/13/2004, you wrote:
>>
>> >I'm having problems compiling a c++ program with ncurses. When it links I
>> >get this message:
>> There's dozens of packages in the distribution that use ncurses.  Just
>look
>> at the setup.ini file in the directory you downloaded your packages to and
>> you can find them.
>
>Well, this lead me to reading /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ncurses-5.3.README,
>which had an amount of useful information. I got the compiler Info's to go
>away by compiling statically (the README says c++ can only use ncurses
>statically) and adding '-lpanel -lmenu -lpanel -lncurses' to my $LIBRARIES.

Actually, I did not interpret it that way.  To me, this just says if you
want to link against the C++ bindings of the ncurses library, you have to
use the static library.  You can alternatively link to either the static
or the DLL version of the C bindings.  But I agree with your findings.
The info messages aren't the source of your problems.

Holliston, MA 01746