Broken install, postinstall problems

Hi list,

It's been a while since I've played with cygwin and I've just recently came
back to it.  Well...  I had the same problems this time as I did in the
past, only last time I wasn't aware that there was a problem.  It seems that
there are quite a few users that have experienced this same issue, the one
where the postinstall doesn't happen as it should.  The fix for the problem
is so amazingly simple that all those that have looked at the problem before
and examined the log files and didn't find the problem should be ashamed.

I'm posting this to the list as I never did find a fix for it on the net,
which I still can't believe.  When you see someone mention this problem tell
them to have a look at setup.log.full for this:

[base-files] action=Skip trust=curr installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Base
    [Prev] ver=2.5-1

You see, I never selected for it to skip this, where inlies a massive
oversight on someone's part along the way.  When I setup cygwin I changed
default to install on 'All' and for some totally obscure reason, it seems,
when you do this, the damned installer decides it needs to skip base-files
and aspell-dev.  Mind you, out of the endless packages it is amazingly odd
that it decides to skip these two, and these two alone.

Anyhow, I hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
GregMo

---