From: Dave Korn [mailto:dk@artimi.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 1:45 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Gcc/ld and long command lines (> 32k)

  Yow.  The *DLL* expands that?  Eww.  I understand why you had to be tied
down, that's soooo the wrong place for it.  WRS implemented it into their
versions of the binutils, which seems like the right place for it.  Maybe
getopts should understand it.  Perhaps even bash.  But putting it in the
DLL? <gag!>

  Can I at least escape the @ sign if I really do want to pass "@word" as an
argv entry?  I like to use parameters with an @ char prefixing them in my
own tools, and I don't want the parameter to suddenly be replaced by the
contents of a file that happens to have the same name....!

    cheers,
      DaveK