Re: Cygwin install automation.

Alejandro Sánchez Acosta wrote:

Hello,

I need to install cygwin in some machines but I don't want to use a internet
connection for that. I have tried to copy the ftp dir entries with the
downloaded packages to the other computers and run setup.exe with a local
installation without any luck.

Anyway I would like to do a programmed installation where I can install cygwin
in some machines with default packages without using the wizard/druid. Is there
other way to install cygwin with a config file?

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro.

I guess you mean you want to create a full package for cygwin install. If you don't have to use a config file, there is an easy way:

Create a Directory, Download setup.exe here,
run setup.exe, Download everything from a machine where Cygwin had NEVER been installed, the download directory should be sub-directory of your created directory. Then make an archive (use winzip, winrar, etc.) of the whole tree (including the directory where setup.exe contains). Okay, copy this archive to every machine where you want to install cygwin.