RE: Setup a Socks5 on a remote pc to by pass work firewall

  That'll be because you're not supposed to spend all day gossipping on ICQ
when you're being paid to work.

> Someone told me about running a CygWin Socks5 server at home
> and connect from my pc at work thru SSH tunnel to my socks5
> server running on my Cygwin box at home.
>
> Has anyone done this before? If so, what did you use and how
> did you set it up?

I feel as if you just wrote:

"  Hi all

  At work, they tell me not to bring in alcohol and get drunk on duty.
Someone told me I could pour my vodka into a bottle of mineral water and
sneak it in past the security guard that way.  Has anyone done this before?
What kind of mineral water bottle did you use?  "

> I have a base knowledge in Linux, so go easy on me!
>
> Regards,
>
> NP

"  I have a pretty minimal knowledge of ethics and responsibility, so go
easy on me!  "

    cheers,
      DaveK