Re: nfs-server re-exporting mapped network drives

One other related question.

When I setup my nfs-server that re-exports shares and enter my network password to get it going, will I need to restart the nfs daemons every few months when I am required to change my password? Or will the nfs daemons (services) keep going without requiring me to give them my new password? Even after a reboot?

If I have to re-enter the password (actually you have to enter it 4 times, twice for mountd and twice for nfsd) it might be easier and less hassle just to mirror the shares on my local nfs-server machine and just export the mirrored directory and rsync the mirror dir to the network share periodically using cron. I would probably have better performance too.

-gene