Re: A bit of history

At 01:38 PM 3/5/2004, you wrote:
>When was the Cygwin project started?  I know that I started using
>Cygwin somehwere around 1992.
>
>I thought it was good then, I think it is incredible now.

If you were using it in 1992, then you probably know more history than
most others on this list.  I've only been using it since 1995 with
b12 and b13.  But I remember seeing a brief summary of the complete
history at one time but what would seem to be the obvious pointer on
the main page doesn't point to what I remember (points to the FAQ
instead for some reason).  Anyway, as I recall, it went all the way back
to b1, though I don't know when Cygnus started distributing it publicly
(it was originally used internally to help with ports).

Holliston, MA 01746