Re: Any fix/work-around for post-install hang problem, yet?

At 12:55 PM 3/3/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm suffering the same problem as in this thread:
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-12/msg00215.html
>and as described in this thread, too:
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg00868.html
>
>This problem always occurs on my XP boxes.  Updating Cygwin,
>reinstalling Cygwin, and rebooting do not help.  Recently I had a
>working Cygwin on an XP box, installed MS's IE6 service/security
>pack, bash started being flaky, and when I updated Cygwin,
>post-install hung as described in the threads above and bash
>continues its flakiness.
>
>I couldn't find anything in the archives recently.  Has anyone
>found a work-around for this?

There was lots of talk in the email archives about this issue and lots
of work on it too.  Did you see:

  <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01166.html>

?

If this isn't your solution, please provide some information on what's
hanging and what you have installed, a la:

Holliston, MA 01746