Re: gettimeofday

Peng Yu wrote:

>     I want read the manual of the C++ function gettimeofday. But I can't
> find it. I'm not sure whether I installed it or not. Can somebody help me?

That function is a C function, and it's part of libc, the standard C
library.  "info libc" is a good place to start.  However, there's not
much more than a mention of it in the Cygwin libc texinfo system, so you
will then want to look elsewhere.

This is a standard posix library function, so you can look at the SuSv3
standard definition:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/gettimeofday.html
... as well as manpages for common unix platforms, such as FreeBSD:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=gettimeofday&sektion=2
... or Linux:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/High-Resolution-Calendar.html
... or Solaris: