Re: 'less' can not find dll

Frédéric L W Meunier <1@pervalidus.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:55:16PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>> >As far as setup.exe is concerned, it should have installed this package
>> >for you.  The setup.hint for the 'less' package includes the line:
>> >
>> >requires: cygwin termcap libpcre0
>> >
>> >Which means that if you select 'less' then setup.exe should also select
>> >'libpcre0' and 'termcap', unless you override it.  Can someone verify
>> >that this works, please?
>>
>> I verified (to myself) that it works the first few times someone reported
>> this problem.
>
> But since it has been reported a month ago by another person,
> it looks like something is wrong -
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-01/msg00096.html , no
> ?

When I do a clean install of cygwin on a machine which doesn't have
anything on it, and I don't select *any* packages, then I get less,
and libpcre, but not libpcre0.

If I select less (unselect it and then reselect it), libpcre0 is added.

How does setup.exe decide what packages are in the initial default
install?

Robert