RE: cygwin 1.5.7 "make"

... hence the name.

But the issue was not with your question.  It was with not following the
proper procedure for reporting problems.

The link provided, http://cygwin.com/problems.html, explains what you
need to supply to the list to make sure the other members can provide
you with the most relevant answer to your concerns.

-Jason