Re: 1.5.7: Problem with tcsh 6.12.00-7 / sed 4.0.8-1

Quoting Larry Hall <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com>:

> This all sounds like problems that have been reported before against
> 1.5.7
> and have been subsequently fixed and available in snapshots.  If you
> have a
> chance, it's worth the small effort to try out a snapshot to see if
> all
> the problems you're seeing are resolved.

Nope, sorry.
I replaced cygwin1.dll with the latest snapshot, and I still get exactly the
same behavior(s).

At this point, I am willing to switch to an OLDER version (either of the DLL or
of anything else as needed), but I don't even have an educated guess regarding
what to switch to what.

(Notably, other than the DLL, the only program that's been used in all my crash-
tests is "sed", and I copied in an older version of sed (4.0.7-1) from another
computer, and this didn't change the behavior one iota.)

Any ideas will be welcome,
Michael Brand.