1.5.7: Problem with tcsh 6.12.00-7 / sed 4.0.8-1

Hello,

I'm a user of cygwin for several years now, and have built many large scripts
and applications using it.

Lately, in a new installation on new computers, scripts started to get stuck,
either becoming idle or stuck in full CPU usage. Importing older versions of
the programs from computers where these worked did not solve the problem.

overwriting sed.exe by an older version made the scripts hang more rarely, but
did not solve the problem.

The problem started appearing when I switched to using HP Proliant ML330 G3
dual-Xeons.

I have now localized the problem, producing a tcsh script with only one line
that causes a hang if run enough times:

set b=`echo a | sed 's/a/b/'`

I couldn't localize it any further. Removing any part of this line, or changing
the script from tcsh to bash, made the problems go away.

I am attaching a test script, where this line is repeated ~600 times. This
causes my shell to hang almost every time.

I am further attaching the output of cygcheck.

I am only rarely gettting stackdumps during these crashes. I have seen tcsh and
sed stackdumps, and am attaching a tcsh one (though it was not produced during
the running of the attached example).

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael