Re: ftp bug report

Brian Ford wrote:
>> Oh, I hope there's an answer section in the back
>> of the book.
>>
>Hint: realloc can move the data, returning a different base address.

Oh.  I guess I read the man page wrong:

 The realloc() function changes the size of the block of memory pointed to
  by the pointer parameter to the number of bytes specified by the size
  parameter, and returns a pointer to the block. The contents of the block
                                      ^^^
  remain unchanged up to the lesser of the old and new sizes, and the con-
  tents of any memory added beyond the limit of the old size is undefined.

Admittedly, that was from a certain Unix-box manufacturer.  Thanks to your hint,
I checked the cygwin man page, and it was much clearer!