RE: lighttpd - dlopen: Win32 error 126

> From: Igor Pechtchanski
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Sencer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have compiled and installed lighttpd (available from:
> > http://www.incremental.de/products/lighttpd/documentation/ )
> under Cygwin
> > (WinXP). When I try to run it I get the following error:
> >
> > 2004-02-17 09:51:09: (plugin.c.72) dlopen: Win32 error 126
> > 2004-02-17 09:51:09: (server.c.374)
> > [...]
> > "net helpmsg 126" says that the module could not be found however.
> >
> > What could I be doing wrong?
>
> dlopen() is used to load a *dynamic* library.  The libraries you listed
> above are all *static*.  Check the argument to the dlopen call, and make
> sure this library is present on your system and in your $PATH.

That makes sense. However I know little about C and makefiles. When trying
to tun it, I followed the basic instructions (configure - make - "make
install") and got the above results. I have uploaded (hopefully) all
relevant files.

http://www.sencer.de/cygwin/configure.txt (~400kb)
http://www.sencer.de/cygwin/configure_log.txt
http://www.sencer.de/cygwin/make_log.txt
http://www.sencer.de/cygwin/make_install_log.txt

When executing `make` the following may be what is responsible for the
problem:
(See make_log.txt)

/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link
c -Wall -W -O3 -Wshadow -pedantic -g -O2   -o mod_cgi.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib -module -export-dynamic -avoid-version cgi.lo  -lz
mkdir .libs
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
shared libraries

An older post on this list is talking about sth. very similar:

The problems seems to be that it is not actually building the shared objects
as requested, instead only spitting out static libraries. I tried the
proposed solution with: "-no-undefined" but that route didn't work, I ended
up with _WinMain@16 - errors.

How to proceed? TIA, much appreciated!

Sencer