Entry point _fcntl64 not found, Cygwin version 1.5.5

Hi,

   To run a particular application, I am installing Cygwin 1.5.5. and
gcc version 3.2.3.

   After installation, when I run make for my application, I get a
windows error dialogue.

"The procedure entry point _fcntl64 could not be located in the dynamic
library cygwin1.dll"

   make then throws "Error 128" and dies.

   After googling and going through the mail archives all I could find
was the following.

   This was not of help, but has anyone else come across this error and
found a solution.

Thanks and Regards
Pavan U M.

(Our application is ACE and TAO which can be built only on ver 1.5.5.)
(I am newbie)