using setup to update cygwin

I have been using cygwin for a few months now and reading through the
documentation and FAQs it mentions that I can update the software packages
installed with the setup program that I used to install cygwin.

It doesnt seem to work though.  When I run the setup program it does not
return any newer version of the software packages I have already installed.
I am running version 1.5.5 of cygwin and I know the latest  version is 1.5.7
.  My question is how do I get newer versions of those packages I have
already installed.  I did not delete the subfolders that setup originally
created.  According to what I read when I run the setup program it should
get the latest or current versions of packages available.  Is there
something I need to do to insure I always get a current list?

thanks
Kevin

---
Kevin Ison