Valentine's snapshot rules (was: Re: latest CVS: make hangs on XP (with HT))

I just tried the feb 14th snapshot on my XP(HT) machine, and the my test ran over 5100 iterations before finnaly exhausting my disk space with strace output, but there were NO FAILURES!! I'm going to let it run with strace turned off just to see how far it will go, but this looks very good.

Rolf Campbell wrote:
I tried using lates CVS too, here are the results:

Time to freeze: 761 and 409 iterations

This is MUCH better than before, but it still does freeze (althought a big difference now is that when make freezes, it consumes no CPU).

I'm speculating it has something to do with:
"trying to send sig 20 but signal 20 already armed"

Here is an strace tail from the process that froze: