RE: XEmacs-21.4.14-2 consistently crashes

>    Thomas> Hi all,
>
>Hi Thomas, finally you send the message to the list :-)
>
>    Thomas> I can reliably crash XEmacs by the following procedure:
>
>FWIW, me too. But since I will *never* use the Win32 version and have
>never used the Win32 version as already stated, somebody who is
>interested has to debug this or try sending a bug report to xemacs-beta.

Until last week I was using 21.4.11 or so from xemacs.org, built with
whatever cygwin they used and it ran fine, so I was assuming a cygwin bug
here.
Do you know since when the FIXME comment below exists?

When I said the X version works fine, I actually lied. On exit it dies with
a fatal error(11) and the lisp backtrace

Lisp backtrace follows:

  kill-emacs()
  # bind (arg)
  save-buffers-kill-emacs(nil)
  # bind (command-debug-status)
  call-interactively(save-buffers-kill-emacs)
  # (condition-case ... . error)
  # (catch top-level ...)

But that is another story.
The code fragment you mentioned only shows where the ill condition
is trapped, not where and why it occurs. Looks like I really have to
try to build a debug version myself, but that is pretty daunting :-)

Ciao
Tom