Re: cyclical dependencies in setup.ini?

> >Dependencies like this are all over the place inside of setup.ini - where's an
> >accurate representation of what needs to get compiled first?  How do you compile
> >from scratch?
>

> These are package installation dependencies.  If you're trying to build
> the Cygwin DLL, visit <http://cygwin.com/contrib.html> for info.  If you're
> trying to build some other package, its configure script will tell you
> the libraries it depends on.  You can then go looking in
> <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to find the packages you need to install
> if you don't already have them.

ok, right, but I want to build versus the snapshots of code; not versus
CVS. For one thing, cvs access and ssh access to the outside world is blocked
here from work, and http access is controlled through a javascript-thingy
which would be difficult (so I'm told) to integrate with CVS. Its also nice
to know that you are building against a given numbered release.

If possible, I'd like to avoid having to run across dependencies inside
of configure files, hence I'm hoping that somewhere its documented
(centrally or in someone's head) which packages are dependent on other packages..

Ed

(
ps - I'm looking at CVS right now, and it looks like there are configure/makefiles
common to all of winsup but not part of any given package. Is it possible to build
all the sub-packages separately?

And are there a list of compilers that people have used to bootstrap cygwin with
(ex: borland?)
)