Re: cygwin/xfree86/emacs problems after upgrading

This is your copy. Article has been posted to the newsgroup(s).

* Tue 2004-02-03 Thomas L Roche <tlroche <AT> us.ibm.com> gnu.emacs.help
* <http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_umsgid=%3Cmailman.1828.1075842639.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>

| [Cygwin]
| $ emacs --debug-init &
| $ start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons
|
| I typically run 2 emacs windows (second created with C-x 5 b) and
| 1 xterm, all of which usually overlap ... until the emacs windows
| disappear, apparently randomly, although lately I'm convinced that
| emacs crashes are more likely when I'm either resizing or
| minimizing its windows. I've so far run 2 cygwin sessions today,
| once at home (with access to shared drives via a VPN) and once at
| work (directly on ethernet), and the xterm traces have been:

You're not alone. Windowed version of Emacs doesn't work under latest
Cygwin/Xfree. It either core dumps or Emacs just kills itself by
removing all frames from the display.

Perhaps Cygwin Emacs maintainer have ideas. I've CC'd him.

Jari

--
http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/
Swatch @time   http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm