cygdrive path

Hello,

Sorry if this is a dumb newbie question.  I am a dumb newbie to cygwin after
all :-)

I use the gcc compiler under cygwin to make some big builds.  gdb is used to
debug.  However : I want to use a DDD-style visual front-end to gdb and my
first choice was GNAT/GPS (looks DDD-like :) ).  The problem I experience
however is that software like this has problems when it encounters '/cygdrive/'
in the source file paths in the debug info of the executables I want to debug.

Is there anyone who has a solution to this or can point me to an interesting
read ?  AFAIK it would be a bit of a pain to start using a solution set diff
than cygwin now...  let me make the best out of it :)

Thanks in advance,
Jan